15 Nov #UplandsJourney2020 (Departure of Group 5)
This morning we bade farewell to our last boys group as they left for Journey. Encouraging words from Mrs Casey Fowler and the 2019 Inyathi group was what the boys heard. This was the message from the girls: “When we heard that Inyathi was a boys’ team this year, our immediate thought was to avoid telling you about our emotional journey, the highs and the lows, the laughter and tears, but then we realised it is 2020, we are past the stereotypes and perhaps some emotional advice is exactly what you need for the adventure that lies ahead.”
1) Nobody is tough all the time and boys are allowed to cry
2) Get to know your tribe mates on a deep personal level, you will be surprised at what you can learn
3) Ask for help when you need it, it doesn’t show weakness…it shows strength
4) Reflect on who you are and who you want to be
5) Don’t forget the lessons that you learn on Journey
6) Appreciate the beauty in every day
7) Lastly, when you come back say thank you to your parents for all the things you take for granted each day
To Mr John Nyamunda and Mr Andrew McArthur thank you for mentoring this team.
All the best Inyathi and see you when you return.