How to Apply
Welcome to Uplands, an inspiring community of friendly, motivated, open-minded and caring people from across the country and, indeed, the world.
As a prospective Uplands family, you are warmly invited to visit us. To book a tour and/or request further information, please follow the link below.
Uplands offers co-educational schooling from Grade 000-0 to Grade 12, with boarding from Grade 4.
Applications are open all year round. In making an application we require:
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate (unabridged)
- A copy of the child’s passport (if a foreigner)
- A copy of the most recent school fee account
- A copy of the ID documents or passports of Parents or Guardians
- A copy of the child’s two most recent school reports e.g. prior year and most current report
- A completed Uplands application form; and
- Payment of the R500 non-refundable registration fee
Please ensure that the supporting documents listed at the top of this page, including proof of payment of the registration fee, are submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you experience any challenges in the completion of our online form, please contact email@example.com or call +27 13 751 3141 so that we can assist you.
- Submission of an application does not automatically guarantee acceptance to Uplands.
- You will be notified if there is no available space, and your child’s name will be added to our waiting list.
- Limited scholarships are available for Grade 7 pupils entering the College in Grade 8 (applicants will be expected to write our scholarship examination, which is usually held in February/March of each year).
- The admissions process usually involves an entrance assessment after which an applicant may be invited to attend an interview.
- Upon acceptance, an offer of placement will be made and a deposit / enrolment fee will be payable to secure the child’s place.
- Non-South African citizens will be required to provide a copy of a valid study permit or permanent or temporary residence permit prior to the enrolment date at Uplands as well as proof of membership of a Medical Aid recognised in South Africa.
- Applicants who are classified as immigrants (i.e. began schooling in South Africa and then attended a school outside South Africa for two or more consecutive years after Grade 3 or equivalent and who have subsequently returned to South Africa, or an applicant who will be studying in South Africa for the first time provided entry is from Grade 7 onwards), will not be required to study a South African First Additional Language (Afrikaans or isiZulu). Instead, such applicants would qualify for a concession, and would be able to study either French or Spanish at Uplands (please note that there is a surcharge for studying Spanish). An applicant who is studying in South Africa for the first time and enrolls in Grade 6 or earlier will be required to study a South African First Additional Language.
Visit Uplands – Tour Request
Book a Tour
Uplands Application Form
Fill in your Online Portal Application
Download PDF Application
2024 College Fee Structure
2024 Preparatory Fee Structure
2024 Pre-Preparatory Fee Structure
2024 Grade 8 Admissions Timeline
Executive Head Welcome Message
With our spacious school campus and exceptional facilities for both day pupils and boarders, Uplands seeks to develop interested and interesting young people who are self-confident, integrated and happy in a changing world. Our pupils are creative, critical thinkers who embrace change and develop lasting, healthy relationships. At Uplands, all our children are known and given space to grow and thrive.
A tour of Uplands Pre-Preparatory, Preparatory, College and Outreach will quickly reveal our unique welcoming, relaxed family atmosphere, where children bring life, energy and laughter to our picturesque campus, located on a 110-hectare estate. A dynamic, nurturing culture of education has defined who we are since our beginnings in 1928. Our professional, competent staff continually seek to highlight the value of a well-rounded, balanced experience for each child, while also upholding high expectations and uncompromising standards. We believe that our emphasis on adaptability, human connection and collaboration, and engaging with the wider world, together with the ability to think critically and find solutions, is of great benefit to our pupils, not only at school but in their future tertiary studies and adult lives.
At Uplands, we invite all our pupils to be the best they can be. We encourage them to challenge themselves to improve, to be brave and to take risks, fostering a sense of self-belief that provides the strongest possible foundation for happiness and success. Our adventurous Grade camps, Courageous Challenge initiative and The Journey are some of the experiential learning highlights our pupils mention when reflecting on their schooling at Uplands. Ultimately, our aim is to provide robust, quality academics alongside a rich, well-rounded, individualised experience for each child, so that they may thrive.
Without doubt, the best way to get to know us is to come and visit us, to see our campus and to meet some of our talented pupils and staff. You are guaranteed a very warm welcome.