Our UPPA Golf Day held on Friday 16 September was an all round success in every way. We had 124 golfers on the field, and a Ladies Afternoon was held at Oliver’s Restaurant and Lodge. Meeting up with Old Uplanders is always a treat. Many Old Uplander golfers, past and current parents, as well as current staff dropped by the UPPA stand. Others joined in on the fun at the Ladies Afternoon event.
As a new sponsor, GZ Adventures, based in Hazyview, took up the challenge of being our main sponsor for the UPPA Golf Day this year, for which UPPA is so thankful.
- The UPPA Bow Tie
- A framed image of elephants walking through the Ilala Palms, Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe, photographed and sponsored by Cathy Prettejohn.
- A framed photo of a young leopard taken at Dulini, Sabi Sands Game Reserve (this was also “Picture of the Day” in the Daily Maverick), photographed and sponsored by Tim Prettejohn.
- A 4-night stay (long weekend) for 8 people at Highland Run near Lydenburg, sponsored by Murray Johnstone.
- A framed painting-print of bee-eaters, done by artist and sponsor, Kim Kay.
- A long weekend for two at Limpopo River Lodge in Botswana (fully self-catering) on the banks of the “Great, Grey, Green, Greasy Limpopo River all set about with Fever Trees”.
- A framed original in oil pastels on brown paper, titled “Personification”, done by artist and sponsor, Farrah Cruse.
- A 3-night stay at the Chobe Safari Lodge, Botswana, all-inclusive, as well as one activity per day, either a game drive or a boat cruise.
- KMIA free parking for a year, sponsored by Grant Ponting.
- A Gin Hamper sponsored by the Uplands Foundation.
The UPPA Committee is so grateful to our Uplands’ families and the community, for all the sponsored prizes, as well as the high bids on all the auction items. As the annual UPPA Golf Day is our only fundraiser, we are so appreciative of the ongoing and incredible support received over the years.